Thursday, March 3, 2011

Soaking it all up

My sweet Owen... he's getting so big. And he's usually such a good little sleeper, but lately, (I'm thinking it's his teeth again) he's having some trouble falling asleep. So today at naptime, I had to rock him to sleep. :) Which I hardly ever do. For one- I'm lucky that his big sister will keep herself occupied long enough to give me a few minutes to get him settled enough to even take a nap, (after she gets him all riled up) and for two- he doesn't want to be rocked in the rocker anymore... he just wants you to stand up and sway a bit so he can put his head on your shoulder, and even then often times will seem to be wide awake, looking around, laughing, pulling at your hair or playing with your ears. But today, everything lined up just right... he just couldn't fall asleep on his own, his big sister knew and understood that Mommy needed to help him fall asleep without interruption, and he just laid his sweet little head on my shoulder and fell asleep. Sigh. It doesn't happen often, but I have to just soak it all up when it does. He's nearing his first birthday, and will be a big boy soon! My sweet baby boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment